Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Im in the mood to ramble.......

First off...thank you to everyone for the sweet comments about the fundraiser. It went beautifully!! It was such an awesome night. The atmosphere of friends and family coming together to help another in need was truly a sight to see. I was hoping that we would raise easily over $10,000, sadly we only raised over $6,000. Now, i realize that they will be able to use that money, but i was hoping it would have been more! I love the Karren family so much and i was so honored to put it together! So here's to seriving your fellow man!





...Ive found out the meaning of following through and sticking to your word. I had many people volunteer to help with finding donations or making donations. I asked some people to help with donations and got a "sure", but never recieved anything from them and was basically ignored. I know the value of family and of helping others even if they aren't your own family. My sister Steph was my right hand throught this and i couldn't have done this without her. I had 2 cousins from the other side of the family, Korri and Katie (they know Holly as an aquaintance, but that's it) that pitched in and did a TON of work and got LOTS of donations. Maureen camed and helped set up, take tickets, deal with the madness and mostly importanly dealt with the swealtering conditions. Jackie and Ben were running back to their house constanly to get things that we needed at the last second, thank you both. Jackie is Holly's sister, she did an amazing job helping and organizing, thanks jack for all you did. My mother and father, brothers and sister in laws for sacrificing to help make the event so wonderful. My wonderful mother in law who helped out a bunch!! My point?........if you say your going to do something then do it. Its terrible to depend on someone when you ask for help and they don't come through!!





....I have learned so much about service. The feeling that i had, knowing that i was helping, maybe only a little bit, made me feel so great, in so many different ways. I am excited to try and head more serivce for others in need, i truly did forget about my own trials.




Secondly......STOP THE OBAMA-NATION!!!!! HOORAY for SARAH PALIN!! I am so impressed with her. She's so well spoken. I love that Barak is SOOO threatened by her and Oprah, too!! Im not much into politics, Nick is crazazy about them and has been following them for along time now. He listens to all the am stations and he knows his stuff. He has recently gotten me interested. I have always had the attitude that i don't want to know, but the more i listen to my hunny, the more i want to know. So as of now, i will be voting for the very first time for the Republican ticket!! Go me!! Go Republicans!

6 comments:

ashley said...

hey just wanted to say that im sorry we dadnt help out more. also you should be very proud of yourself.. six thousand dollars is a heck of alot of money, money that they wouldnt have if it hadnt been fo you and steph.. plus good girl for voting. im going to vote this year just because i cant stand someone thats running. who knows? our vote could be the one that makes the difference

Sherydon said...

Ash, dont you apologize, your donation was amazing and we totally appriciated it!!

Anonymous said...

Sherydon! That is so awesome and inspiring what you did to help!! $6000 is a lot of money! I think that others that read your blog will be inspired to help a little more wherever we are all planted!! Thanks for your example!

Hillery said...

You're so awesome to take on a project like that and raise that much money! And to comment on your last bit on politics, I never follow them until the end. But Obama has bothered me from the beginning! And I totally agree with you on YEA! for Sarah Palin! I questioned it, A woman as a VP? But Heck Yes I will vote for her! Her and Mccain are truly giving the senate and Obama a run for their money!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sherydon,

That's great that you raised that much money. They probably appreciate all you did for them. That's so nice of you to think of other people first and help them out. Your such a great person.
Jessi

Sarah Smith said...

Hey there girly, that's great that you were able to get that much money for Holly. And i am right along with you Go Mcain And Palin