Thursday, March 25, 2010

We have had a crazy last couple weeks to say the least.....

We left for Mesquite and on the way there, we stopped at the Salt Lake Temple to watch our cousin be married. I had never been inside this temple and it was so breathe taking inside! We left from the temple, there was a whole caravan of us, dad and mom, daryl and marylin in one car, nick, steph, tagg and i in our car and jut, mal and cub in their car. We were tying to hurry to get to Mesquite so we could hit our favorite buffet before the game at 10:00 that night. It was a long drive and we made it about 3 hours before the game so we ate and checked into our rooms. It was so sunny and beautiful when we got there and at the game it was so frigid! We won the first game so we played immediately after at 11:00. We lost so got to go to bed. The next day we had a game at 1:00. It was so cold so we all stayed in our cars and watched from there. We won so we played again right after, it was double elim so, we lost the next game and were done. We all went to lunch and decided to hit the hot tubs! That was fun!:) Tagg loved it and so did Cub! There was a really drunk guy on the balcony of his hotel that put a thong on that was way to small, he was dancing around and bending over, we were all dying! We had our rooms til the next day so we decided to go to dinner and gamble. Only a couple of us actually went gambling, but we had fun! Nick played 21, Jut and I were taught by our friend Krissy how to play roulette, we ending up staying at the table for 3 hours! I walked away with $55, i threw down $20 at the beginning and played on it the whole time. I loved it and will definatly play again! Nick and I joke that its a good thing we don't live near a casino because we would be broke! We ended up getting back to the hotel around 2am and getting up around 8 to leave! We stopped a lot on the way home, my favorite stop was at Krispy Kreme! Love that place, and love love love their doughnuts!! While we were in Mesquite we found out that Nick's Grandpa Weston was put in the hospital, so on our way home we stopped in Ogden and found out that he wasn't doing well. We got home late and Tagg did so good. The only time he got mad was the last hour on our way home, he was ready to be out of his car seat! He did great!












We gave Tagg a bath when we got home and he was hilarious! He was so glad to be free!

Grandpa Weston ended up coming home on Monday, they had found out over the weekend that he had colon cancer and liver cancer. They brought him home to pass away. So we spent the majority of the week in at Grandma and Grandpa Weston's with family!

This is the last picture of Grandpa and Tagg 2 nights before he passed away. We will cherish this picture!
I stay a couple nights a weeks with Nick's other Grandparents to help his Grandma. So we would leave the Weston's and go and stay with the Stuart's. We were so exhausted.
Grandpa Stuart sure loves Tagg and Tagg lights up when he sees Grandpa, its such a cute little relationship!
One day while at the Weston's Brayker got a hold of my phone and started acting like he was talking to someone! I just about died, it was too cute!

I think its safe to say that Tagg has an obsession with Patty Cake and claps his hands quite regularly. I got a shot of him and B playing together! Too cute!

To break up the monotony, Nick took us for a ride in the tractor so see all the new calves! Tagg loves the tractor and loves to steer! I can see it makes nick so excited for when he gets bigger and can go with him! Tagg also turned 10 months old this day!
Checkin the calves again and Tagg was in charge
Before Grandpa's viewing on Tuesday night he made a quick trip to Logan! One the way home, I gave Tagg his bottle, he was so tired he fell asleep holding it!
Grandpa's funeral was so great and they ended it by putting him in a horse and carriage hurse to the cemetery. It was one of the most beautiful things i have ever seen! Grandpa Weston was a cowboy, so this was perfect! He loved driving his horse and buggy!



Afterwards of course the RS made our family a dinner!

Kay and Ron bought Tagg this cute suit for Easter, he looked so dang sharp!


During this last 2 weeks i have been on the HCG diet, so everywhere that we have been, there has been and abundant amount of food. I couldn't eat any of it! But today i have lost 12.5 lbs and over 10 inches! Pretty crazy! Things have settled down for us, tonight will be the first night in a while that Nick, Tagg and I will be able to just relax!! *sigh* Tagg still isn't crawling or walking but he wants to sooo badly! I just love him and Nick too!

1 comment:

Sarah Smith said...

You all have been super busy. Sorry to hear about your lose. I hope all is well. I can't believe how big he is.. When I come home this summer maybe we could meet up and go to lunch.. Miss ya! Your little one is getting so big..