
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
People keep telling me i need an update! We've been all over the place lately! I took Tagg to his 9 month appointment. He only gained 1lb in 3 months. I was sick. My Dr. told that he needed 24 oz of food a day so i stretched his bottles, 1 before bed and one in the morning and fed him baby food in between! Come to find out he is supposed to have 24oz of milk a day and any other food he will eat. I was bawling. I felt like such a terrible mother. Then he asked about crawling. Nope, not crawling. He said that I'm coddling him because he hates to be on his stomach. I let him cry for a bit and then pick him up. He referred to the movie Wall-E, and how there were some fat people who would sit in their chairs and wait for people to bring everything to them. He said that Tagg will be like that if i don't quit coddling him! Then i slapped him! Just kidding, but i did in my head. I have never felt so beaten down. I know that I'm not a bad mother but he robbed my confidence of being a mother. I am constantly second guessing myself. Tagg is not skinny by any means! He has chubby thys, dimples on his fingers, and a crease on his wrist from his fat. Anyhow, Tagg is trying to crawl and eating more and more. He's sure enjoying getting to eat almost everything we eat! Also he has started clapping! It's adorable! He thinks he is so big! I'm loving the nice weather and can't wait to take Tagg out to play more!!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











4 comments:
SO who is your pediatrician? And don't worry, Stetson isn't crawling either.
I agree with Mandy...who is your ped?
My kids didn't crawl till about 9 months, didn't walk until after their first birthday, and didn't even get teeth till they were 14 months old.
you're a FINE mother...and what doesn't kill our kids only makes them stronger! I'm sure my two boys will whine when they find out how much we didn't know when they were babies...you just go with the flow. :)
Fun pictures!!!
Total cutie! And whoa your pediatrician sounds MEAN!!! It's not coddling it's called LOVE!!! Just so you know which I think you already do...babies learn at their own pace! My oldest didn't crawl by even 9 months if I remember right and he didn't walk until he was 17 1/2 months, not that he couldn't, he just wasn't interested! So you ARE totally fine! He is an absolute Q.T. Pie!!!
Hey Sherydon, I was block hopping and found yours, hope that's okay! Tagg is soooo cute and looks like a healthy baby, no worries. I'm sure you are a great momma. Was the dr. old or young? I can't believe he was so rude. Some doctors....You look great!-Raini-
Post a Comment