On opening morning, the boys got up at about 5 to saddle the horses and get to the top of the mountain before sunrise. Its was a very very cold morning! With all the boys leaving their sleeping bags it seemed to make us cold, so i took the job of keeping my mom warm and slid into her sleeping bag with her, but not before stoking the stove with wood. All of girls went back to sleep in mom and dad's tent while the boys were freezing. They came back with nothing, went back out that night, came back with nothing. They were disappointed, but had plenty of time.
The next morning, my brother Jake stayed back with his wife who wasn't feeling well. So, my dad, Justin and Nick braved the cold. I stayed dedicated to keeping Oma warm. We woke up to gunshots, about 8 of them. We were making commnets like, that must be someone who's a bad shot. They must not have a scope, they must have had too much coffee..and so on and so forth! The parents take a shower for us that is amazing. All of us girls got in the shower, i was the last, as i was getting dressed i heard the boys come into camp and my mother making a ruckus. Someone got something...
They were packing a spike that Justin had killed. Come to find out, Nick killed a 5 point, too. I guess they were the ones making all the noise and it was 9 shots. Jut shot at his elk, nick shot at his, they were all compensating trying to get elk down and shots were flying everywhere. They brought the smallest one home first, ate lunch, took a nap, saddled up the horses and went back for Nicks. Jake went so that he could help. We were all pretty excited that they got 2 at one time. We were making jokes that it would be funny if Jake got one down in the same place. They are gone for about an hour when we get a call over the radio saying that Jake had just shot a huge 5 point around the same place the Jut and Nick got theirs!! So we got 3 elk in one day.
My dad has been hunting since we was old enough and killed plenty of animals in his day, he said this hunt was the funnest hunt he's ever been on!! That makes me so happy!! Dad didn't end up getting one, but he didn't mind, he was just so glad to be apart of those memories!! Im so glad he was, too!! I forgot to mention that it had snowed about a foot before we got up there.
Here are some random pics of the hunt, there aren't alot of us girls, we really roughed it and didn't even do our make up.
Munch eating her squash for breakfast, i held her while she ate, and i was on the verge of puking the whole time. Between the look and the smell, it wasn't my cup o' tea. But she's so cute, it was worth it.
She's such a happy girl
The boys coming back the first morning
RRRRRrrrrrrr........
My cute lil sugs in her coat
Nick and Moose
The boys getting ready to go back out
Pais with her daddy's horse
Jut and Hick
So cute
He looks so hot in his shotguns
The mighty hunter Jake
The mighty hunter Jut, you can see our shower in the back ground
The ELK SLAYER...my babe the last 3 pics weren't posed for, i just happend to snap them
Just a cute cowboy
The boys again
Ompa and munch
Dad and Jake with his elk..sorry for the guts in the background
The next day they went back to pack his elk out sorry about the guts again
The horse loaded down
The twins and their horses
Nick brought up the rear and took this amazing pic
The twins again
We put Pais on jakes horse and she started sucking on the horn
Look at those cheeks
Ompa putting Pais down
This is our kitchen, pretty sweet set up
All 3 of the elk Jakes, Juts and Nicks
Taking a nap with the girls after slaying his elk
Cool pic of the horses
Yup, she's a cutie
Nick's elk quartered and hanging in the trailor
Nick and Jake skinning
My cute mom on the four wheeler
He remindes me of Crocidile Dundee, but he's Elk Slayer Stuart
I don't have any pics of nick's elk, i have to get them from my brother, but we had a blast as you can see.
I am 11 weeks now and still sick, I haven't been to work for a while, i don't enjoy puking in public restrooms and it has just drained me. Hopefully i'll be going back soon. I've seen one too many Baby stories!







9 comments:
I haven't gotten to see Paisley yet (hope I spelled in right) she is cute - she looks like her dad!! I haven't seen any of them for so long - i am glad to see some pictures!!
What a fun family bonding moment you had! Congrats on all 3! And of course, so sorry to hear you are still sick, but keep up the wonderful attitude about it!
Wow, call it success!! Fun! Just a question, where does ompa and oma come from? That is so cute!
Sounds like you had a good time. I'm not much of a camper or a hunter, but it sounds like you guys have all the gear. I wouldn't mind camping with a stove and a shower!
I'm sure that baby food was awful to you. Smells bothered me so bad when I was pregnant. Hope you get over the sickness soon.
Looks like you had a blast! I'm not sure if you have a shower and toilet you are "roughing it", just kidding. Glad you had a great time!
I am so impressed that you went camping feeling like you do. I hope all is well and I can't wait to see you. Do you have a little belly yet?
Love ya
Besides the (uggh) guts, it looks like fabulous fun! Hope things are going well with the BUN!
How fun, I missed your more frequent posting. So glad you are back. Camping was one my favorite memories growing up!
Congrats to all the hunters! Jeff and I were successful too. We just got back a week ago from Soda and Bear Lake. You'll have to go to my blog to see Jeff's elk and my buck.
Post a Comment