Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A miracle for sure.......

I have been asked a lot how i got pregnant. While the details are quite obviously intimate, the answer to the burning question....what fertility method? This was all natural. We had made an appointment for August 23 to go to the Reproductive Care Center and meet with the reproductive endocrinologist. We figured between the appointment and getting ready for the fund raiser, that i would be stressed and if we did do an IUI, i was afraid that I would miscarry, so we decided to hold off the IUI or Clomiphine until September, then resume as the Dr. had advised.

The sunday before, a lady from the RCC called and needed to cancel because there was someone who needed to the Dr. more than we did. So we rescheduled for the 26th. The day before we booked a room and stayed the night, i was telling nick that i could feel I was ovulating, he was trying to talk me into trying that night, but I wanted to talk to the Dr. to see what days he felt were best. (our obgyn that had been doing the IUI's liked us to wait until 2 days after the LH test was positive) We met with Dr. Blouer (sp) and at the end of the meeting i told him that i was ovulating, he said you go home and get her Nick. Yikes, it was cute because he wasn't being a perv, it was just funny. He made a very distinct comment that we just laughed off, "Maybe she'll get pregnant this time and you wont have to spend anymore money!" Ha ha, we thought, we couldn't be so lucky!!
So there you have it, a divine blessing from the Heavens. Nick and I have spent alot of time in prayer. I am just so thankful that i was blessed with such a wonderful opportunity, how amazing!! Faith is such a hard testimony to excersise if that makes sense (i didn't know what other word to use but testimony), but my testimony is stronger than ever!!

6 comments:

Shae said...

I am so happy for you guys! The Lord definitely know what is best for us, even if we have to go through trials to get there. I am impressed by all of your positive attitude and faith that you have had through this last little while. We will keep you in our prayers!

Northern Nuts! said...

Yea! Yea! Yea! I have not been in the blog world for a few weeks, so I just found out today. I am so happy for you two!

M&EMS said...

Maybe this baby's name needs to be Faith? What a testimony builder for the two of you.

JACKIE FLAHERTY said...

It's truly a miracle. You guys are going ot be great parents. Hey how did everyone take the news?(brothers & sisters)I bet they were so excited.
Love ya

Andrea said...

congratuluations you two! that is so exciting! i hope that everything keeps going well in your pregnancy :)

Jeff and Lea said...

All natural? Sweet, that is the best way right? The Lord really does answer our prayers, some just not right away.