I remember it like it was yesterday. I had just graduated from high school and was living with my first husband at my parents house. I woke up and turned the tv on. On every channel, the news was on. I remember being so annoyed. Then after listening for about a minute, i realized why every channel was covering the same thing. I watch the plane crash into the second tower, i listened to the anchors screaming as they watched I remember thinking about the families that had loved ones, and wondering if they were watching as well. It broke my heart.Im so grateful for the freedoms that we enjoy. Every year on this day, i am reminded that freedom isn't free and im so grateful for the men and women that serve our country.
Where were you when the world stop turing, on that September day?



4 comments:
I'm glad you did this. I was getting ready for school, it was my senior year. We had it on in the family room, and when we got to school it was on all the tv's in the classrooms. What a scary day. After that happened our country came together and it was kinda peaceful. People remembered God. It is so sad that something so tragic had to happen for us to remember where we came from and why we are a free country. It makes me sick to hear so many who are atheists(sp?) trying to take God off of the dollar bill, and out of the Pledge of Allegience. If it wasn't for God, we wouldn't be a free country. It is getting scarier and scarier in America. Sorry to go off like that, :)
I'm glad that you did this too! I was in college, came downstairs and my roommate was freaking out that a plane ran into some building. I just went in the kitchen and had breakfast. Once I got to school I realized what happened when all of the tv's were going like crazy. There was a memorial on the QUAD the next day and we all had candles, it was a hard moment for everyone!
I remember this day really well! I went to school (BYU-I) and was in class and heard some people talking about these planes crashing into the trade centers and was like hmmm I wonder what they are talking about. So then I went back to my apartment and my roomate Stacie Peterson (you may remember her from clogging and dance :)) and we were watching it on the news! I seriously thought the world was coming to an end!! It just didn't seem real and I couldn't imagine waht these people's families were going through, it was soooo sad and it really was like the world stopped turning and everything around me was in comotion but I was there just reflecting on what happened and where I was at in my own life. But we had devotional that day that was very uplifting and edifying BUT not only was the world ending in my eyes, so was my life (I knew I was supposed to be at BYU-I and going into the major I was but they weren't getting it for at least two more yrs....and I was just wondering what the Lord wanted me to do or why I was supposed to be at BYU-I, later I found my hubby that's why and different life long friends...I'm rambling sorry) Anyways...it was a day of HUGE growth for me spiritually, a lot of my RS sisters and I got together and just talked and read and just really felt the spirit together and were actually excited for the signs of the times...if that makes sense?! It was a sad day but a good day in some ways if that is possible??? I think the good was that I knew that Heavenly Father loved me and was aware of me even when He had so many other "people" to be taking care of on that day. He took the time to help us all feel peace and comfort when it was what we all really needed.
I was pregnant with Kason and just gettin out of bed to get ready for work. Ben called me from the shop to tell me that there was a plane that hit one of the twin towers. We didn't know at the time that it was a terror attack. I went to work and everyone had the radio turned on and were all standing around listening to the reports of the second plane hitting the towers. I remember this day like it was yesterday and I think it will always be burned into our memories.
PS I have had so many comments about the fundraiser. It was so Great and... Grandma Hilda called to get your phone number to tell you how impressed she was with the fundraiser. (Don't worry I didn't give her your number)
Love Ya
Post a Comment