Monday, July 7, 2008

Yellowstone....

First Day
The first morning we left from Preston and ate lunch in Poky, then went on to Idaho Falls and did some shopping, then onto Rexburg where we hit up Bear World. Pretty funny story. The park attendants tell you that you have to keep your windows up at all times. We we were driving and wanted to get some pics so we'd roll em down to get it and then right back up. Well, the lady driving around on a golf cart (a dang jeep is was safer than a golf cart)busted us with our window down and yelled at us. So we continued on and saw a bear, the roads are all paved and there was a dirt road that cut through a meadow so, i went to hit that and before i knew it there was dust a flyin and a golf cart in my pocket. I just about messed my pants!! Got yelled at again and she told is that we had to follow the arrows. Well, no one told me that and i was too busy checking out all the animals to see if there was arrows that i wasn't even aware of. I felt pretty dumb and Nick was laughing because i managed to get into trouble at bearworld!! Leave it up to me!! We hit the petting zoo there and it was way to hot to stay too long! They had some dang cute animals though!! We decided to go into Rexburg for some more eating and shoppnig, then on the road for reals this time! We left Preston at 11 am and made it to West Yellowstone at 6pm, so about a 3 1/2 hour trip turned into about 9 hours. We had so much fun!! We got to West Yellowstone, checked into our room and hit the town. He shopped and hit the Yellowstone museum, went and ate and then on to get ice cream! We were pretty tuckered out by 10pm but we still had to play in the jaquzzi!! There not so fun when its summertime!! But we still enjoyed it!!
Nick and I decided that every morning before we left we would take a pic so that we could rememeber!!

Bear World

Cow

Albino Elk

Bull



Wet bear

lounging in the shade

nappy time



Pretty close

A baby

It was hot

Um.....ya



Fawns

Petting a really tame doe, she even gave kisses and loved her ears being scratched

He even got to pet one

napping baby goat, how cute!!

baby cubs

feeding the trout

Moose in the water





our jaquzzi

Yellowstone museum, pretty neat history about earth quakes and trains and old faithful

Pretty cool carriges from back in the day

My sexy birthday boy!!

Stay tuned for Day 2 of our trip

5 comments:

Michelle Hepworth said...

Sherydon! Hey thanks for posting your cute pictures of the animals. Kolten loves them. He keeps wanting me to click on them to make them bigger! We took him to bear world a year or so ago and he loved it. Apparently he don't remember. He was pretty young. He will probably look at these pictures all day! Sounds like your trip was pretty fun!

The Douglas's said...

girl, you are so cute. I want to go to yellowstone sometime soon. I love it how you kept getting yelled at. that is too funny.

Glenda said...

You TWO know how to have fun! I love Yellowstone and Bear world at West Yellowstone is Amazing! Your cute!

Sherydon said...

Shell, thats too cute! Im glad he has enjoyed the pics!! I'll be posting more today!!
Mandy, im so glad that my mischeivious ways amuse you!! I think i will get in trouble till the day i die!!:)
Glenda, I think that your way cuter!!:) Im pretty sure you know how to have fun as well! I love all the creative things you do with your family!!

Ronda said...

Fun fun! I'm glad you guys got to go and have a good time together.