Monday, July 7, 2008

Birthdays and Babysitting.........

Wednesday night we went to Logan to have dinner with the fam!! We went to Chili's!! It was fun to see everyone again!!
My mom always babysits Pais on thursdays, and she has a crib in the guest room. That's where Nick and I were going to be sleeping so i was designated to get up with munch!! I was totally excited and up for the task. I guess part of me wanted to see if i could handle it and if i was ready!! We got her to finally go to sleep around midnight. 3am she woke up hungry. (my mom gave me the rundown of the bottle and diaper situation) I got up and got her, but couldn't find the nite lite that we took out because it was way too light, so i had her screaming in my arms (she goes from happy to mad in .2 seconds, she screams and her face goes RED!) So im trying not to wake up the parentals, i wanted to do this on my own! So finally i had nick turn on the light so i could find get out of the room, went out to make a bottle, (pretty hard with a screaming baby) I was trying to console and bounce and make a bottle. My mom came out and got the bottle readay while i changed her. We got her settled down and fed. I had nick feed her for a little bit and it was so cute! We were both sitting on the bed adoring this cute little girl. He's gonna be such a great daddy!! We got her back to sleep and i just laid in bed and cried, hoping that maybe i'll be pregnant so that i can get up a million times a night with a screaming baby! By 6 she was hungry again. She woke me up stirring so i let her stir for a bit and then got her and made a bottle, got her changed and fed her before she could cry!! I was pretty proud of myself! Im even more baby hungry than i ever thought was possible!!

4 comments:

M&EMS said...

I'm so glad that your experience didn't scare you. Screaming babies tend to do that! ;)

Shae said...

I think it's a lot easier when it's your own baby, because you're with them 24/7. Their cries and such are easier to read because you know exactly what they want, and how to calm them down easier. (most of the time) :)

Shae said...

A little incident I just thought about...when we were trying to get pregnant, I was more than happy to help with my sister's 8 month old little girl. I went to change her diaper, and she was sooooo squirmy, that I couldn't even get the diaper on her. I was so flustered! Here I was wanting a baby, and couldn't even put a diaper on one...I thought I was in for it.

I then realized, when babies are newborns, they don't squirm when you put a diaper on them...by the time they are old enough to squirm around, you've changed enough diapers to become an expert at it, and get one on them in record time, and you definitely learn several diapering tricks in the process! :) Just thought I would share this little experience with you.

Sherydon said...

Melissa, im glad it didn't scare me either!! I knew that would be my test to see if i was really up for the challenge!!
Thanks Shae, im glad to know that its easier when you have your own! I plan on being a pro someday!!:)