Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Busy week................


So this week we are getting ready for girls camp next week!! We had a meeting before mutual and then did some more planning during. I was absent during our activity because earlier yesterday Brother Bingham from the High Council called Nick and I in for a meeting. I thought for sure that it was for Nick, but.....nope, me!! I was asked to be the Stake 2nd year camp specialist which is basically, the day that the girls will be passing stuff off for their manuals, another lady and myself will be help the 2nd year girls so i think that's the 13 year olds. When i was told, i felt a little overwhelmed. Iknow that i can handle it, but i just don't want to let anyone down, its quite a lot of pressure! But im sharing this duty with a girl from the Randolph 2nd ward so im very excited about that!! It'll be fun to get to know her better!! I believe its gonna be Nancy Weston!! So today when i have free time, i will be trying to plan our activities. Tonight, i am going shopping with Andee Argyle(i am her advisor) to get all the food we need for camp! Tomorrow or Friday, i will be getting together with another lady in our presidancy Tammy Winder, she is in charge of the 3rd year girls so we thought we'd help eachother out and maybe have dinner or something. Then Saturday morning we will be meeting the girls to get more preparations in order. Tuesdsay we leave and I just cant wait!! Yikes!! Im way excited!!!

3 comments:

Glenda said...

Dont be nervous! You will do awesome! You are young and full of energy and the girls will love you! Good Luck!

Sherydon said...

Glenda, your so sweet!! You always say such sweet and encouraging words!!

Hillary said...

Oh, camp is so fun! You'll do a great job. I loved being a youth camp leader for the younger girls when I was like 16 and 17. I think the most important thing for the girls is to not only build their outdoors skills, but to also build connections to each other and strengthen their testimonies. I think the best parts were doing skits, fun traditions like taking 1st years snipe hunting, singing around the campfire, tinfoil dinners, and the testimony meeting at the end. I can't wait until I get called to be in Young Women's--I've been in primary for the past 4 years, and I'm ready for a change! You'll do great!