Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Easton........ I need your help!



I am trying to put together a fund/foundation/charity for my little cousin Easton who, as i have mentioned before, has Bilary Atresia. (I don't know how to link the post but it was posted in April if you'd like to read it) This family is very close to my heart and I would love to do anything I can to help them. I don't have any idea where to start. Should I just open a bank account in his name? Should I try to start a fund/foundation/charity? If so, i need to figure out how in the world to do this. Easton is turning 1 today!! YAY!! There was a time where we feared he wouldn't make it. He is such a strong little boy! He has the sweetest spirit! Were so greatful that its been in Heavenly Father's plan to keep him here with us!! With Easton turning 1, it means that if he needs a liver transplant, that he will be elidgable. The only hitch is...of course there's a hitch...the insurance wont pay for any testing for Rusty and Holly (his mom and dad) to see if they are a match, unless Lil Eman goes into liver failure. We would like to raise enough money so that Rusty, Holly, brothers and sisters and grandparents can be tested. Also, the doctor bills will be enormous so we just want to create a cushion for the Karren family so that the only thing they will have to concentrate on when the time comes, is helping Easton heal. This family has been through so much and they deserve some help!! I love them so much!! I love you Easton!!

2 comments:

Maydi said...

Sherydon
I just had that benefit for Darren's brother Scott and we were able to raise 35,000. You just have to dig in and start and with hard work things start falling into place...Also it is a good way to focus on other things, I to am struggeling with infertility, having a huge project helped me. Let me know what I can to do hep.

Deanna said...

WOW! I completely had to do a catch-up! Don't know where I've been!

Sherydon, you are just increadible!!!! Keep us updated on your little nephew - I have no experience in that area...but if you need to talk, you've got my email and I could give you my number.

You are such an inspiration to me. Consider yourself hugged. I see adoption a wonderful blessing to all involved. It's difficult on both ends, but it's also beautiful on both ends. You guys are still in our prayers!

Deanna