Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Great News!!

This is kind of personal, but im so excited, and i really want to share my fun news!! i wish it was that im pregger but im not! I went yesterday to get and HSG which is a hysterosalpinogram. Basically, they inject a cathoder into your uteris and inject dye to see if your falopian tubes are open! Its pretty neat. You can see your windy tubes and pear shaped uteris. I was so scared going into this because i didn't want to hear that my tubes were closed. If they were closed nick and i would have to resort to Invitro, which would be a blessing, but oh so expensive. To kind of back track, when i went in for my appointment at the end of March to find out what we were going to do my doctor strongly reccomnend that we do the HSG. Nick and I didn't even hesitate! In order to have this done, you have to be on around the 10th day of your cycle, that is when your cervix is the softest and easiest to work with for this procedure! My doctor gave me a pescrition for valium because i am a worry wort and i knew that i wouldn't be able to relax during the procedure!! I took the valium on an empty stomache, i was nascious because of my nerves and didn't eat. So, i was a little loopy but i was so glad because i wasn't focused on how scared i was. We got there and met the nurse that would be helping us. I have been researching this so i knew what to expect so she didn't have to explain much. I got into my little gown and got on the table. They made sure to have the room warm just for me!! What they do is use a speculum, which we are all used to. Uncomfortable, but nothing compared to what was to come. After the speculum, they insert a cathedor that has a balloon at the end of it. They inflate the balloon to open the uteris. After that, they inject a dye. The cathedor was sooo painful, i was crying so hard and trying so hard not too at the same time. I just kept thinking, i want this, i can't wait until i have to an apisiotomy!!:)JK But i was focusing on the reason i was there! Nick was standing behind me holding my hand. He said that i was gripping so tight that he thought my nails were cutting through his hands!!! I couldn't help but sob, it hurt so bad. My doctor kept aplolgizing and you could tell in his eyes that he felt so bad. I told him, you don't need to be sorry!! They injected the dye and i thought for minute that my insides were being burnt. Then, after the dye, they have you tip and rotate your hips so the dye will move. This whole time im thinking, these damn tubes better be open!!:) While i felt as though it lasted for about an hour, it only took about 6 minutes!! They said that i would expreience cramping, which having endomitriosis, i am used to cramps so i was ready. It really wasn't as bad as i thought. The doctor read the results and said that my tubes look GREAT and the ARE OPEN!!! YAY!! All i could do was cry, the doctor thought i was still in pain!! I was so happy!! When i went to get dressed all i could do was pray!! Im so thankful for a loving heavenly father!! Yesterday, the power of prayer and faith, yet again reaffirmed my testimony and made it that much stronger!! I can't even express to you the feelings of joy and gratitude that i have!! I know that were not out of the woods yet, but one of the most exciting things that my doctor told me yesterday, was that after having this procedure, you are EXTREMLY FER-TILE!! Ye haw!! I'll be right on top of that rose!! Anywho, Nick and I are so happy and we are certainly keeping the faith and thanking our heavenly father!! When ovulation comes around we are supposed to go in and have an IUI which is an intrauterine insemination!!! Who knows what will happend, but i suddenly have this new light and im so positive and excited for whats too come.

Quickly, i just wanted to tell you how cute Nick was yesterday!! He was behind me the whole time so i didn't get to see his face and he didn't say much about it other than he was proud of me and sorry that i had to go through this. Later on last night we were talking about it and he said that he was feeling so bad for me while he was watching me because there wasn't anything he could do. I just thought it was so sweet. I thought to myself.....wait to you see a baby coming out!!!!!

8 comments:

Laurie Bingham said...

How exciting for you guys! I sure hope things work out the way you plan! Oh, I think we are going to be moving to Randolph in about a month. Do you know of any places in Evanston that are hiring? I need a job.
Good luck, and keep us updated!

M&EMS said...

There is nothing more exciting than a doctor giving you good news! I hope everything turns out great and you get fat and sassier ;) with a cute baby on the way.

Ronda said...

I love you! You freakin rock and I'm so excited!!!! I want to be an Auntie so bad!

The Douglas's said...

I am sorry you had to go through a pianful process but I am so excited for you guys and glad to hear that everything looks good! I am so proud of you!! Where do you go to the doctor at? If you need anything just let me know!! Sooo excited for you girly!

Jeff and Lea said...

That is great news! I'm so excited for you. You are one tough cookie to go through that pain. Just reading that made me all squirmy and uncomfortable. Keep us updated with anymore news!

Shae said...

Oh Man! It sounds like they should be giving you an epidural for that pain! I don't think I've ever experienced pain as bad as you've described...and I've gone through 2 natural childbirths! I hope that everything turns out great for you...and hurray for your good news! That is awesome! Every little bit of good news is definitely a step in the right direction!

Deanna said...

Owie!!! However, I'm waaaay excited four you guys. Glad there's good news! We'll be praying for you!

Sarah Smith said...

Good luck. that is great news from the doctor. Keep me updated. And have tons of fun!!!