Friday, April 4, 2008

Completely Mortified.......

The other day after i got off of work, i decided to go grocery shopping at WalMart!! Nick and I usually do it on the weekend and then go on a date afterwards. We have been so busy latley and haven't even spent a full weekend together for the last 3 weeks. We have no food in our house and were tired of eating nothing. So.....i get to WalMart and fill my cart up. I was in a hurry saw a couple people from Randolph, said quick hello's and went on my way. There was a lady there that I visit teach and i had a good conversation with her. Well, i finally got all i needed and i had an hair appointment. Now, all i have to do is find a check out and be patient. Well, i found a check out and i didn't even have to wait. While unloading my groceries, the same lady that i visit teach was right behind me. We kept talking back and forth and made jokes. I got everything loaded back in the cart and went to pay. Swipe my card. The lady says sorry and hands me this little piece of paper that says,"insufficiant funds" WHAT????? My heart drops, blood pressure rises, face goes red, sweat glands suddenly start working and im stuck with all these groceries with this lady behind me probably thinking, oh my gosh!! I was so terribly MORTIFIED!! I asked the lady if i could run my card again, because Nick had just gotten paid and i KNEW that we had money in there. Denied again, so i asked if i could use a check? Sure!! So i go to write a check and im out of checks!! Holy cow!! Im so embarrassed at this point because i look like a total flake. She gave me a couple options. I was getting ready to call my sis in law who lives in Evanston, when the sweet lady behind me offeres to pay for my groceries. I told her no, i was gona try my sister in law first. Before i could get my sis on the phone she was running her card!! What a sweet act of kindness. She didn't have to do that for me!! I was then even more embarrased that the lady i home teach for just saw my large grocery bill for 2 people!! I got home, unloaded the refrigerated items and jetted in to town to get my hair cut and then off to her house to pay her back. I have told a couple people and they have all said that same thing has happend to them so i don't feel so bad, but wow!! Im always going to be hesitant to buy anything for fear of being denied!! Has anyone ever been in that situation??

3 comments:

Deanna said...

A similar thing happend to me today! I was at Melaleuca getting stuff with our product check with two screaming kids (too bad they didn't sell hot dogs there, because it would have been dinner & a show!) and I went to pay for like $85 worth of stuff, and the guy couldn't process the check because Ryan's Employee # wasn't on it. I was so flustered, I asked them to hold it for me and I'd be back later in the afternoon after I had called Ry to get he #. When I returned, they had put it all AWAY! So, with a VERY TIRED two year old and a hungry 4 mo. old, I looked for all the stuff again, and paid, and left...CRAZINESS! What a sweet lady to help you out! (sorry, that was long!)

The Braggs said...

Hey you,
Thanks. I was so glad to have doug be able to bless her too. He gave a beautiful blessing and lots of people commented on it. He was so nervous but he did great. Hope all is well with you and your hubby. Becka

M&EMS said...

I just had to laugh because I just went to register Sydney for Kindergarten and once we finally got to the school I realized that I left all of the paperwork at the church because I was working out there. Funny, but you can feel soo stupid!