Everyone has been asking for the story, so here goes!!
Last wednesday was the day after my due date and i was getting a little frusterated. I was so ready for tagg for greet us. I figured that i would mow the lawn and see if that stirred anything up! So, half way through mowing the lawn, i felt a little gush and decided to check it out. I wasn't about to get my hopes up because the last 3 weeks was full of false labor. So i decided to keep going and see if i still felt the gushes. A couple of hours later i was feeling crampy and still wet a little but not gushing, so i figured id call a nurse. She told me that if it wasn't running down my leg that my water hadn't broken. So i dealt with the cramps thinking i probly had just over done it. My sister in law called me the next morning and convinced me to call the nurse at the dr.s office. She told me that she thought it was broken and to hurry in. Nick and i got things ready and packed and picked up the house and headed for Logan. I figured they'd send me home. They did a paper test on the fluid and said that my water wasn't broken, but i was dialated to a 2 and about 90% effaced. They talked to my dr and he decided to start me on the "pit" and break my water when he got there. He broke my water at about 5:30pm and by 6 i had my epideral. He offered it to me before my water was even broke but i wanted to feel what the contractions were like. I couldn't take it once they turned the pit up. It was kind of a long night. I got stuck at a 3 for a couple of hours and then the nurse inserted an internal moniter that monitered the contractions from inside. She kept turning up the pit and finally at about 2:30 i was feeling like i needed to push. I pushed for an hour. I was so scared once i knew the head was just about out, because i knew it wasn't going to be pleasant. The pressure was painful and i was so glad for the release when his body was out. They put him on my chest and i got to rub and stimulate him. I instantly feel in love with his breath. They took him to their station to do all measurements and stuff. It seemed like forever before i got to hold him again. He was awake for a good hour and a half through all the pictures and everyone cooing. Really, labor wasn't bad at all, that was the easiest for me over being pregnant, but id do it again. Just not for a couple years!!:)
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Glad that everything went well! :)
Im glad that you had a nice delievery. Sher, he is so cute. I love it!!! I know what you mean about doing it again-just not for a few years :) hee hee
I am so excited for you!! I'm glad everything went so well. He is adorable!! You and Nick did a good job!! I hope I can come visit you sometime and hold him!
Glad that you had a great experience!! I had wonderful experience also with both of mine.
Congrats! What a handsome little guy! I totally agree with you on the labor thing, WAY better than the nine months of being pregnant! But they are SOOO worth it!
I am glad he is here and all went well!!! He is so cute. And your Mom said you are a great mom!!! Love ya
Post a Comment