This is going to be a quick post because i have no time and really......... i should be sleeping!
The saturday before mother's day i started with some contractions that were about 6 min apart, they lasted for about 12 hours and was told not to come until they were closer together and more painful. We went over to my mom and dads in preston for dinner on sunday, and i ended up staying there just incase i went into labor and nick went home. I experience false labor for about 12 hours almost everyday. I was exhausted. On Monday, I got a call from Nick saying that he had cut his wrist really bad and that him and his brother had it under control. I tried to get him to go to the er, but we all know about the manly pride thing. I encouraged him to clean it really well with peroxide or alcohol. The next day it was worse so his mom and sister took him to evanston to see his sister steph who works at the hospital there, to see what she thought. They ended up going to the er. They were there until about 10:30. The dr. said that it was getting an infection and put a drain in, wrapped him up and sent him home with some meds. Wednesday, all the guys were branding all our calves here so that we could kick them out on the range by friday, yes, that would be today. Nick held his arm above his head and branded with the other. The dr. wanted to see him again that day to see if things had gotten worse or better. He got there and the dr. decided to admit him to the hospital. Nick has been so stressed about getting work done so that he can enjoy having the baby come. :Like i have said before, he's also really nervous about me having the baby in the canyon. Nick called me at about 8 pm to tell me that he was admitted and i bursted into tears. I wanted to be with him so bad, but i was almost 200 miles away. My mom insisted to take my to Evanston, so we hurried and ate, got our things and left by 9. I had been contracting that night for about 2 hours, they were hurting, but i wasn't convinced that i could be so lucky. After my mom and i got to thinking about, we figured, what a terrible time to go into labor, and it was probably going to happen just because of the circumstances. We got there at about midnight 30, got to see nick, he was groggy from the morphine and really tired. I was so relieved to be there. The dr.s had decided that they were going to do surgery on his wrist to get the infection out the next morning. My sister in law steph is an L&D nurse there in Evanston, i asked her to check me and see if i had been progressing since my last Dr. appointment. (BTW, i was almost a 2 about 70% effaced for my 38 week check up with the dr.) She said that i was at a 2 and about 80%. His head has dropped, but the contractions had stopped so we figured we'd go home after we went back and said goodbye to nick. We got home and settled in around 2:30. I came home, fed sugs, let her out, got some things that nick needed together and hit the sack. We got up at 6 so that we could get there to be with nick before he went in. Right before we got there, he called and said the surgery was cancelled but that they were keeping him overnight for observation. Towards the end of the day the infection had spread higher so they book the OR for this morning at 10. I stayed with nick until he fell asleep and came home, fed sugs, got things ready for the next day and slept. Got up early and did the same this morning. Nick and i ended up snuggling in his bed until about 11:30 until they came and got him. Then we waited in pre op for another hour. His surgery took about 45 minutes. The Dr. said that we was so lucky that he didn't cut any tendons or hit the artery, he was so amazed at how lucky he was. We were too for sure!! Anywho, everything went well, they opened up his would even more and scrubbed and flushed, put in another drain and wrapped it. nick and i relaxed for the rest of the night, he's doing very well and graduated from morphine to loritab, so he's handling the pain well. They say that if things are looking better in the morning that they will discharge him. He's been such a good little patient. I loved it that he needed me so much, but i needed him too. We definatly have quite a story to tell our children, there are alot more details to every day, but not enough time for now. I had a dr appointment scheduled yesterday with my dr. in Logan, but i canceled it because i didn't want to leave nick. Steph saved me and got into a dr. there in evanston. Im still a 2 and 85% effaced. Haven't had too many contractions. But as of right now, 1:01 am May 16, i have 3 days left until my due date. I have never had so much attention from random strangers about my belly. The dr. did an ultra sound, said that the baby looks great, the heart beat is great, he's going to have lots of hair and chubby cheeks. He also added that if i go full term that my baby will likely weigh in at a whopping 8.10. Yup, you read that right, and im dry heaving!! I just hope that he is healthy and i'll take the rest in stride. Thats it for now, i'll post some pics in a few days when we get my cute patient home and settled. By then, i'll be in the hospital, holding a baby.....at least i better be:)!!!
I hope that you guys have had a great week!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
WOW, hope you get the whole family safe and sound at home soon. Good Luck with everything!
SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT NICK I'M SORRY! HOPE HE IS DOING BETTER. HOPE YOU HAVE THAT BABY SOON! WHY DOESN'T YOUR DOCTOR START YOU? GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!
oh my gosh! your belly is so cute! you are ALL belly....I am never that way. :( wow! you guys have had quite the adventures lately...i hope that nick is doing better now! not to scare you or anything, but my friend just had her baby a month ago, in Logan Canyon, in her car...crazy! i still can't believe it! even though i've had 3 kids...i don't think that i would know what the "real thing" is either...so i've always been nervous. but you will do fine! good luck in the next few days, and i will be excited to see some pictures of your new little guy!
OMG! What a ruff go round!!! Give Nick or best!! I am glad he didn't cut anything serious!! I bet you that you are going crazy! Get some good sleep these next couple of dayz!! I am glad you had Mom!! We love you All Smiths
If you have a journal, you should highlight that whole page!! Your kids are gonna love that story. To bad about your hubby! I hope things go well for him and you when your little one comes! Can't wait to see some pics. Bekah
wow, that is so crazy!! hopefully things go really well with Nick, and then you have your baby, and nothing but happily ever after ;0)
Hang on, this is the hardest part! Does your Dr. have a date to start you if you dont on your own? I am so sorry about Nick! I hope he is OK!!
Sher,
All things, as you know, happen for a reason! Now, you can sit back and have your honey beside you while you bring little Tag into this world!
I cannot wait to see what he looks like, and every night Rusty laughs at me because I never have my cell phone on let alone have it right beside the bed each night. He says maybe he should get pregnant that way I would keep my cell phone handy. I just tell him that I love you more....ha ha!
I am so glad Nick is better, I was really worried about him!
Loves and Hugs,
HollyJo
Post a Comment