Sunday, October 5, 2008

My lil peanut.............

On Friday Nick and I went to get our first ultra sound. We got to see and hear the baby's heart beat. Its so amazing how small they are. Nick and I both were so touched, and i balled when i heard the heart beat. I asked the dr. if the heart looks healthy and sure enough, 4 chambers, pumping away. It seems so much more real. He said that i was 7 weeks and 5 days, so today i am 8 weeks/ 2months along. Pretty crazy. Now if i can just get threw the next couple weeks with out being sick. I got some other medication, but it makes me realy tired and i always have the worst headache. What do ya do? Anyhow, I go back in 3 weeks for another check up. By then i'll be 11 weeks and maybe just maybe ill be able to find out what im having. I can't believe it shows my plump behind. You know your jealous!!!:)

14 comments:

Jon & Kim said...

How exciting! It is so fun to watch the developement. It is amazing to me how much is already going on.

Kyle & Shanna said...

I love ultrasound pictures. In my first ultrasound he looks like a gummy bear (then again I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was about 9 weeks along)

Meggie said...

That is so exciting! I'm so glad that it's heart looks good and everything. That is such a relief when you hear that everything is looking normal. It does make it more real too. It didn't really hit Sim that we were going to actually have a baby until she was born. I think it's just different for the guys cause they're not the ones feeling the sickness and feeling it more and getting big. But it is so fun! I thought it was so neat being pregnant, cause it is so amazing what your body can do.
About the sickness, I took unisom and it worked so good. My doctor recommended it to me, so I know it's okay to take. It's a sleep aid actually, but I'd just take half a pill at night and then I felt really good in the morning. I was a little sleepy throughout the day, but not bad, but what pregnant lady isn't tired, right?
Anyway, it worked really well for me.
We had to wait until I was 18 weeks to find out what I was having, but maybe they will be able to tell earlier. Who is your doctor?
I love to hear about your pregnancy. I'm so glad that things are going well, besides being a little sick.

Hillary said...

Congratulations on this exciting time for you and Nick! I'm sorry you're not feeling so well, but I've heard it gets better after 12 weeks, and even better after 20. Good luck!
Hopefully I won't be too much farther behind you with a little one of my own in the next couple of months!

Love,
Hillary

M&EMS said...

Love the heartbeat sounds! I bawled too when I heard our babies, plus I was in the ER to hear Eli. I don't know what to tell you about being sick, try having crackers by your bedside and eat them right when you wake up.

Ronda said...

Cute cute cute!!! Little Ronnie Joe is a doll!!! I tagged you by the way!!

Jeff and Lea said...

So cute! I'm so happy and excited for you!!! Sorry you are sick though. Good luck at the next check-up.

Celeste Tabakece said...

Congratulations, I'm so happy. Time really does go by fast. Pretty soon you'll know the sex and then you'll be taking a little baby home from the hospital. I was very sick during my pregnancy. Good luck. I was on medication and it helped me to not throw up as much, but I still always felt sick. I tried everything and even got it worse with my second...but in the end it is worth being sick when you have that little thing change your entire world. Good luck.

The Douglas's said...

that is so cool. congrats

Michelle Hepworth said...

It looks like the beginning for you! I hope you enjoy it! Being pregnant is a very fun-loving experience! Congrats

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! awwwww...how sweet! I love when you finally get to see the baby and hear the heart beat to know everything is going well! It seems like it's already flying by! Crazy you are already 2 months along!

Glenda said...

Ultra Sounds are so amazing! I am so happy about this new baby coming to town! I'm sorry you have been sick! Keep posting updates!

JACKIE FLAHERTY said...

Oh I can tell the baby is going to be soo cute. I am so happy for you and Nick. I can't wait to see you guys again. I hope you feel better!
Love ya

Keri said...

Yippee! Looks like a cutie already!