Friday, August 29, 2008

Overwhelmed............

On Wednesday night Nick and I packed up the car and headed to Sandy. We were supposed to go on Tuesday, but they called and changed it to Thursday. We stayed the night there in Sandy and early the next morning we were really there, at a speacialist office. It all seems so surreal. We really really do need help. It seems like one of those things that you say will never happen to you, and there we were, waiting to spend our life savings on having a baby.

Dr. Blouer is going to be our Dr., and he is wonderful, so full of information. Nick says hes "on the ball"! He evaluated the situation and decided he doesn't really see anything besides the endomitriosis that could be hindering us, but where my endo is only moderate to mild he doesn't see a problem. Instead of thinking about the BIG check that he could get with doing an IVF he kindly reminded us of the expenses. He recommended that we go on the highest dose of Clomiphine and try IUI's for 2 or 3 more cycles. After talking to all the gals over at SOS, and doing some research of my own about IVF, i think that IUI is such an easier route compared to IVF. Last month after the dream, i didn't know if I could go through IUI's anymore. I just want to get it done already. But considering the time, money and pain involved, we agree that this is the way to go.

Im going to get a little more personal and talk prices, so you guys can really see what were dealing with here.
The IUI's that we've been doing have been costing us $275 each time we go. The clomid will be about $20 and the gas that we spend is about $200. The pain is so much more minimul.

IVF-We will have all sorts of testing done- hormones, sperm analysis (cougar test), all of the medicine to stop and start my cycle, and the hormones to help me get more eggs, the retrieval, the anesthisia for the retrieval, incubation of embryo's, the transfer, going back (to sandy) every other day to have tests, the doctors time. This will run us about $22,000, that's not including gas. For IVF, when they do the egg retrieval, they put you under and put a needle through the vagina into the ovary and draw the eggs out. From what ive been told, all the stimulants that you take to get more eggs make your ovaries swell, then when they do the retrieval, it makes it worse. Plus the emotional risk is just OVERWHELMING.

As you can plainly see, IUI seems like a walk in the park, and it probably is.....
I will be starting the clomid in a few weeks and then the games will begin again.

Life really could be so much more worse. I realize how truly blessed I am!!

On the flip side, we got to go and do some shopping which is always theraputic!! We went down to Lehi to Cabellas and Nick bought a gun for elk hunting this October, the onto ikea. This was my first time and WOW was it fantastic. Nick didn't enjoy it, surprise surprise, we had fun though!! I got some cute decor. Then we went clear up to Ogden to Smith and Edwards and onto the fruit highway. We got there right as they were putting everything away, so it was a race to get all the veggies and fruit we could. We got alot of corn and tomatoes along with peaches, raspberries, onions and banannas. We will be sharing all this yummy produce with the fam. Good times!!

Also, i need some help, has anyone used Windows Movie Maker??
I made a slideshow for Easten's fundraiser, which is a week away, and i cant get it to download. I am using DVD-R so i don't know if i need to use a rewriteable CD or if im just using the wrong program to downlaod it. Any ideas???

6 comments:

The Douglas's said...

Hey girl. Good luck with everything. I knew that things were expensive but not that expensive. Wow! You are awesome. Luv ya

Hillery said...

Sher, Good Luck! I knew that they were pricey but I didn't know it was that high! I can't say that I know what your feeling, but I remember when my GYN told me that I wouldn't be able to conceive, I was devastated. I thought for sure that I would have to adopt or do what your doing. So getting pregnant with Jeffrey was a miracle in my life. I will pray for you to have your miracle! So Good Luck!!

Brady and Christi said...

I'm so sorry you have so much stress going on right now! I know the Lord will bless you for your patience! You are so positive and that is amazing! Good luck! You are in my prayers!!

JACKIE FLAHERTY said...

Sherydon I love you so much and I think it's so great that you are so open with your struggles with getting pregnant. I know that there is a baby for you and Nick I just know it. Just think how much more rewarding this all will be when you finally see a postive pregnacy test. Good Luck and I love you both.

Jeff and Lea said...

Oh Sherydon good luck with the clomid and IVF. That is some big mullah! But compared to a baby, it is nothing right? I hope everything goes well for you.

S&J Jones Family said...

At least it's good to know what you are up against, right? I know it won't be easy but I hope having this info will make the IUI's a little more bearable. Good Luck! I'm not sure how to do the video thing, sorry. Sounds like you got some yummy produce, though. That makes EVERYTHING better, right? J/K I love fresh produce :)