Hello!! Just thought i would let everyone know what is going on with the baby issue!! But first i will tell you about the IUI and what the Dr.s had to say!!
When we got there, we had to wait for the sperm to be washed. The lady was really neat. She was informational and empathic. She had been through the same procedure and got pregnant with triplets!! YIKES!! She didn't tell us how many times she tried but it was nice to know that the person doing this knew EXACTLY what we were going through!! She told us that Nick had a fantastic count, one of the better "deposits" that she has seen for a while which was great to hear. She also told us that the percentage of people getting pregnant the first time with an IUI was VERY LOW. For some reason it takes the first time for you body to understand whats going on. Everyone's bodies are so different. She wanted me to know that there was a good chance that i wouldn't and not to get to excited about it just yet. Nick and I have gone into this knowing that there is that chance and so we decided that we would be excited, but not extatic. Anywho, my ob can in and explain that he would insert a catheder through my cervix into my uteris and then inject the sperm into my uteris. He warned me that it would be uncomfortable and i might experience some cramping so i was ready!! He told me to breathe in through my nose and out of my mouth. I felt like such a dork because thats what women in labor do (I think);)! It was so painful and took about 2 minutes. I had to tilt my hips on a pillow for 20 minutes to "help" the spermies!! The Dr.s told me that i would cramp for maybe 20 minutes at the most and then i would be fine. I came armed with my heating pad because i knew that i would cramp for the next week. Boy was i almost right. I was so sore that i could hardly walk for the next 2 days. I had to work the next day and all i could think about was going home. It was one of the longest days!! I toughed it out though!!
The past week and a half has been a wierd. At times i felt nauseas and puky, i thought that my breastises were getting sore, ya know, all the signs!! I knew that it could have just been in my head and i figured that i was. The people that know me, know that i hate surprises. Christmas and birthdays and any other time i know that im getting a gift i can't handle the suspense. I had no idea how i was going to be with this. I did very well. It drove me crazy and it was ALL that i thought about. I was told that i could take a test a week after and it might not be acurate until the 12 days after. I took the test of Friday and it was negative but i just went with the fact that maybe it was too early. Then yesterday, i started, so i now know that i am not pregnant. I have taken it very well. Im really scared to try again because it was so painful, but i have said a million times that i don't care what i have to go through to get just one and that's what i intend on doing.
I will let you know when i schedule another IUI!!
This weekend has been such beautiful weather. My sister Steph came up from Idaho and stayed the night. We got to have our sister time and just talk and hang out!! I was so glad to have her here!! We branded yesterday and i got fried. I also got to nurse the lawn!! We later went to dinner in Evanston with Nick's sister Steph and her husband Brian! It was a good day, we were pooped when we got home!!!
Today was my first day in Young Womens and it was great. They had all the new people get up and bear there testimonies. I just told them that i made some bad choices which led to unneccasary heart ache, but i was glad that i was strong. I encouraged them to ask themselves what it was they wanted in life and live up to it. Make a promise to yourself now that you will date young men that will be able take you to the temple and have the priesthood in your house! To be close to the Lord and live as thought the saviour was standing beside you. I balled through the whole thing. I just joked and told them they got the ball baby!! All in all a great day!! Now im looking forward to relaxing with Nick. I can't believe the weekend is already over!! I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend!! Ta ta for now!!
Sher
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Hang in there!! It'll happen. If you ever need to vent/express yourself you know how to reach me.
You are going to do such a GREAT job in YW!! I'm excited for you!
P.S. YOU ROCK!!!!!
I am sorry to hear that it hasn't happened yet, but it will! I am sorry it was so painful though, but like you said, at least that other girl knew what you were going thorugh. And you never know, maybe next time you do it you will get pregnant with triplets like she did! :) Anyways, if you need anything let me know. Luv ya and know that I am thinking about you!
Have faith and it will happen when you least expect it. Love ya tonz
Keep trying and you'll get there.
The lord knows you will make an amazing mommy someday, however it happens. Just keep being the amazing, spiritual person you are and the world will be yours. Love ya lots Becka
Post a Comment