Monday, February 11, 2008

Quite the weekend!!

Holy Glory.....this weekend was so hectic!! First of all, for the last week Nick and I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with our pipes that run to our washer. When the water drains, it spills over and our mud room gets soaked. Its terrible. That got postponed because my mom and dad were coming over for the day on Saturday and i wanted to clean and Nick had alot of work to get done.(I'll get to that in a minute) So there we were, its Friday night, and we were so excited to just relax and spend time together, we knew my mom and dad were coming so we were getting the house cleaned and odds and ends done. My mom calls at 4 and says that dads not coming (he works for the power company and he was on call), but my brother Justin and his wife Mallory wanted to come and play. I decided to make a pot of Potato Bacon and Corn chowder. Its the bomb dot com!!!:) Anywho, they got to our house by 9, we had dinner and then sat around and talked till 11:30! We were so tired and i was getting up early to do my moms nails.
Saturday morning at 7:30 were up and at 'em! Got the nails done and then gave mallory a pedicure (we trade, she's a massage therapist so it works out!!!) and then I wanted to take Justin to the The Desseret Ranch, which is an elk ranch about 10 miles from our house. We got there and there were only about a dozen elk. Usually there's more like 200-300!! There's a bunch!! I was really disappointed because ive been bragging about it through out this winter!! They went home and Nick was home for lunch. He had been feeding cows all morning and was getting ready to do some major work. Our neighbors cows crashed the fence and got in with ours, so its a mess so say the least. He had planned on cutting the cows out that day, but everyone seemed to disapper. I was glad because he needed to relax. We decided to try to find the problem with the pipes again. We went outside to find that we had started calving!!!! Can i just tell you...this is my favorite time of year!! I love calving, especially with my sexy man!! I love watching him work and man handle calves. We are a dang good team too. We work long days when were calving and i have to say i love it!!! I will be posting a bunch of our calving adventures once the madness really starts!! You'll get to see what we do for a living!!! On with the story........so we got the calves and mamas into a pen with some hay and some dry bedding and on to the shop to find a pipe wrench. Well wouldn't ya know, the once size that we need isn't there, but every other one and some duplicates!! FRUSTRATION MUCH!! So, we decided to go to the big town of Evanston, which is like 35-40 minutes aways and get a quick bite to each and just get away!! So we put off the work for yet another day, but i couldn't help but see the mountains of laundry building and calling my name. I enjoy laundry and i hate seeing dirty clothes so i was itching at the bit!!
Sunday, Nicks cousin Andreea Stuart was having her farewell in Woodruff so we went to sacrament there, then onto a big lunch afterwards. It was great to see the family!! We went home, nick went to go feed and look for more calves and i jetted down to the ranch to do laundry at my mother in laws!!! I love spending time with Kayleen, she's the best mother in law!! Also, Nick and I are going through the temple on March 4th and were sending out invites, so we've been trying to figure out how to make them. Finally yesterday we got alot done while the laundry was going!! *Sigh* At 6, we were supposed to go back to Woodruff to Gma and Gpa Stuarts for a birthday party, we always have fun there because we all get along. It seems like we always reminise and i hear alot of great stories!!! Im so lucky to have married into such a great family!!! We finally left at 9, Ron and Kay dropped Nick off i went with them back to there house to finish laundry. I left here house at 10 and got home only to find that i have the sweetest husband in the world. He knows my sunday routine, which is normally church, nap, veg, laundry, veg and clean. I didn't get the cleaning part in and when i got home he had the kitchen clean, laundry folded and fresh sheets on the bed!! What a sweetheart!! It was about 10:45 when we finally got to lay down and relax!!! Needless to say we had a long but good weekend. Hopefully we can just relax next weekend!!!

3 comments:

S&J Jones Family said...

Don't you love it when our men clean without being asked?? Sounds like you had quite the busy weekend! I love bacon, potato and corn chowder...Spencer loves it when I make it, too. Now I'm craving it. Maybe I'll make it sometime this week. :)

Matt and Tesha said...

Wow you had a busy one! I've never had the potato, bacon and corn chowder and I think you need to get me the recipe because it sounds wonderful! Hope you have a good one!

Laurie Bingham said...

Holy Moly,
I don't know if I could handle a life like that! You guys are incredible! Maybe you'll have to teach me a thing or two when we move to Randolph. Congrats on the Temple date!